Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Classroom Rules Poster

By the time my students reached 5th grade, they have seen all the classroom rules before. My first 2 years in 5th grade, I did the same thing. We came up with the classroom rules as a class and signed an agreement to follow them. I often would refer to the contract that they signed if there were issues. I would also go over the classroom rules again and have them resign an agreement if issues continued. For my class, it just wasn't very effective.  So, I wanted to get a little creative with the usual classroom rules so that they really stuck with them when I had to refer to them again. Below, you will find my new and improved set of classroom rules..... with hashtags!

Most of the hashtags were things that I would normally say. My personal favorites are for the listening rule #tunein and come to class prepared is #priorities.

*June 2017 UPDATE* 

You guys have shown me so much love with these posters! THANK YOU!!

They have quickly become my best selling item on TPT. I have taken requests during the 2016-2017 school year and I now have so many more styles to choose from! I also have a variety of cover posters available to fit specific school regulations and requirements. I am also happy to announce that I have posters for British English available such as "Rubbish goes in the bin" and "No mobile phone use."

I know many teachers have finish their current school year or it is coming to an end. So, while we all enjoy a MUCH needed and MUCH earned break, I know some of us are planning out the changes we can make to our rooms for the 2017-2018 school year. That being said, if you have suggestions for themes, designs, or more classroom rules posters, please comment below! I will be adding MORE to this product this summer! You can also e-mail beckysroomtpt@gmail.com with comments, questions, or requests.

Thank you!                                                                 
#iloveteaching 


   




Black and white options are available too! Put them onto your favorite paper to match your classroom's theme and you would be good to go! 



1 comment:

  1. I like these rules---maybe you could modify this list. I teach middle school Thanks!
    Be Prompt: be on time for class; turn assignments in when they are due.
    Be Prepared: have everything you need for class with you; be ready to learn
    Be Positive: encourage others and do not complain
    Be Productive: focus on the task
    Be Polite: respect others

    ReplyDelete